GRUB installed from LiveISO doesn't work
- Change foundin to "D3-alpha"
- Change icomment to:
Issue detected in VMWare virtual PC using dragora-3.0-i586-alpha1.iso. Trouble is that GRUB doesn't see any devices after its installation:
- - - - - - - - - - # fdisk /dev/sda (create new partition /dev/sda1) # mke2fs /dev/sda1 # mount -t ext2 /dev/sda1 /mnt # grub-install --boot-directory=/mnt/boot /dev/sda
Installing for i386-pc platform. Installation finished. No error reported.
# reboot - - - - - - - - - - GRUB loading. Welcome to GRUB!
error: disk 'hd0,msdos1' not found. Entering rescue mode... grub rescue> ls <---(Here's nothing!!!) grub rescue> - - - - - - - - - -
Rebuilding GRUB from sources (in the Dragora LiveISO build environment) and using it for installation solves the issue.
- Change login to "r0bur"
- Change mimetype to "text/x-fossil-plain"
- Change private_contact to "d3677fb3d625d6ded281cdfefa29a3508a9ac6f6"
- Change severity to "Minor"
- Change status to "Open"
- Change title to "GRUB installed from LiveISO doesn't work"
- Change type to "Code_Defect"